dacadoo launches major new version of its award-winning digital health engagement platform
Redesign of the sign up proces, Addition of lifestyle-based articles, Connection to Google Fit and the Samsung Health app
17 JULY 2017, ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
Summarydacadoo, an innovator in digital health technology and health scoring, announced today that it launched its latest major release of the dacadoo digital health engagement platform which is accessible via the mobile apps for iPhone and Android smartphones as well as via the web application, and which includes significant new features and improvements.
The Swiss company dacadoo ag develops and operates a digital, mobile health engagement platform that helps employees actively manage their health in an easy and fun way. To engage users to remain active and healthy, the company applies motivational techniques from online games, collaborative features from social networks, personalized feedback and the patented dacadoo Health Score to better understand and improve their health. Available in 11 languages, dacadoo’s technology is provided as a fully branded, white-label solution to health and life insurance companies, health & wellness service organizations as well as large and mid-size employers for health promotion in the workplace.
As a platform company with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, dacadoo launches platform releases on a regular basis. The company announced today that it launched its latest major new platform release (version 3.5.0) of its award-winning dacadoo digital health engagement platform, which is accessible via the native mobile apps for iPhone and Android smartphones, as well as via the web application. This release is the most significant in years and contains multiple new features and improvements.
Selected highlights of this newest release are described below:
- Redesign of the sign up process: In an effort to further simplify and improve the first experience on the dacadoo platform, dacadoo completely redesigned the whole sign up process (onboarding experience) for a new user on the mobile apps (iPhone, Android) and the Web.
- Addition of a tutorial for newly registered users: As the dacadoo digital health engagement platform is a quite comprehensive, the new version provides a tutorial to better guide and assist new users when they access dacadoo for the first time. The tutorial introduces and explains the key functions across all menu items (Me, Coach, Track, Social and Points) on the mobile applications (iPhone, Android) and on the web application
- Addition of lifestyle-based articles: In the “Coach” section of the application, dacadoo added new content to give users additional information and guidance on how to improve their health and wellbeing. These articles are organized by topics and are easily accessed through web links. The articles are currently available only in English.
- Connection to Google Fit and the Samsung Health app (formerly S-Health) for Android users: After activating the connection to the Apple Health app (Apple HealthKit) for iPhone users in the last release, dacadoo now also connects to Google Fit and the Samsung Health app for all Android smartphone users. If users own an Android mobile device and have Google Fit or the Samsung Health app (formerly called S-Health app) installed, they can now synchronize their health and fitness data and workouts with dacadoo. Users are always in control of which data they wish to synchronize.
- Improvement to the “Me” section of the mobile and web apps: dacadoo optimized the layout of the “Me” section, providing more space for the background image and adding more insights via dashboards to follow the progress of daily activities, goals and challenges.
Peter Ohnemus, founder and CEO of dacadoo, proudly commented: "Platform release 3.5.0 is significant in many ways! It not only contains multiple improvements on existing features and usability based on user feedback but also introduces key new features which will help increase our user engagement”.
dacadoo is a global technology company and innovative business partner that is driving the digital transformation in healthcare. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, dacadoo develops and operates a mobile-first digital health engagement platform that helps people live healthier, more active lives through a combination of motivational techniques from behavioral science, online gaming and social networks, as well as artificial intelligence and automated coaching. Based on over 200 million person-years of clinical data, its patented, real-time Health Score makes health individually measurable, which provides users with a unique engagement experience, while also offering dacadoo’s enterprise customers an effective way to measure the true health impact of wellness programs. Available in over 11 languages, dacadoo’s technology is provided as a fully branded, white-label solution or it can be integrated into customer products through its API. dacadoo's customers include health and life insurance companies, health & wellness service organizations as well as large and mid-sized employers for health promotion in the workplace. For more information visit www.dacadoo.com.
Manuel Heuer, email@example.com
"Platform release 3.5.0 is significant in many ways! It not only contains multiple improvements on existing features and usability based on user feedback but also introduces key new features which will help increase our user engagement" Peter Ohnemus, founder and CEO of dacadoo
dacadoo, named a 2021 “Cool Vendor in Insurance” by Gartner, licenses its Digital Health Engagement Platform, including its Health Score and Risk Engine to Life & Health insurance operators (B2B), supplying Insurtech and health-tech solutions to over 35 of the top 100 Life & Health insurance operators globally. Available in over 18 languages, dacadoo’s technology is provided as a fully branded, white label solution or it can be integrated into customers’ products through its API. Through its ‘Connect, Score, Engage’ offering, dacadoo supports Life & Health operators to motivate their clients to lead healthier lifestyles through its SaaS-based Digital Health Engagement Platform. dacadoo also provides its Risk Engine, which calculates relative risk on mortality and morbidity in real-time. dacadoo has over 120 employees across locations in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific and over 100 filed patents around their digital Life & Health solutions. dacadoo is entirely committed to privacy and security, hence why it designs and operates its solutions in line with industry standards, laws and regulations such as the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection, GDPR, and HIPAA. Its Information Security and Privacy Management System is certified according to world-renowned ISO 27001 and ISO 27701 standards.